Lollygaggering

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Travels

So now I am traveling.

Right now I am in the Himalayas. Oh yes.

Since Thursday I have done the following:

Taken an overnight train from Bombay to Jodhpur, otherwise known as the Blue City.

Eaten a secluded breakfast on a rooftop in Jodhpur and visted the town fort.

Taken a bus from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer, throwing up TWO TIMES on said bus.

Gotten better from mysterious nausea bout and eaten lovely Tibetan meal on rooftop restaurant in Jaisalmer.

Ridden a camel out into the desert, camped under the stars, and ridden a camel back out of the desert.

Swum in my hotel swimming pool in the rain while talking and talking and talking to my traveling companions.

Gotten the nappiest hair of my life from the desert/swimming pool combination.

Ridden an overnight train from Jaisalmer to Delhi.

Been miserable for a few hours in Delhi, which may be cleaner than Bombay but is decidedly less hospitable to women and has pretty much zero sense of humor.

Been even more miserable while sitting for over an hour in a vacant lot/dump for no apparent reason on an overnight bus to the Himalayas.

Arrived in Nainital and checked into hotel with magnificent view of the green lake that the town surrounds.

Been rowed around the beautiful lake by a man named Sagar.

It has been lovely for the most part, but I am decidedly homesick. Homesickness is kind of rare for me, so it's kind of nice to feel it. God willing, I will be back in my apartment a week from right now. And then a week after that back in my beloved Salt Lake for a couple weeks. It is Salt Lake I am homesick for, Rural Rosy in particular.

2 Comments:

At August 02, 2006 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is definitely time for you to come home. Enough with the fancy plans - enough I say! I think the nausea you experienced was because you're going so crazy traveling all over the friggin' place that your tum tum had just had enough. You think you're having some thrills? Well guess who's goin' to Lagoon tomorrow? (raised eyebrow, triumphant grin, hair toss)

 
At August 04, 2006 7:33 AM, Blogger Lollygagger said...

WE ARE USING YOUR BOUNCE BACK PASSES AND HAVING ANOTHER ADULT LAGOON DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>