Lollygaggering

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Lent

I am a Mormon girl, so I don't know why I feel beholden to give things up for Lent. You'd think there's already plenty I've given up!

But I usually give at least some thought to what I will give up for Lent. One year it was BYU Creamery chocolate milk and Twix bars. This actually lasted pretty long, but I surrendered a couple weeks into it when ma cousine and my best friend came down from Salt Lake to see something at the International Cinema. I had to share with them the delectability that is Creamery chocolate milk and there in the lounge next to the IC, I succumbed. I remember there was another person besides the three of us in the lounge, and I was talking loudly about how bad I was that I was breaking Lent and I wondered if this girl thought I was Catholic. I kind of liked the idea that someone would think I was one of the very very very few non-Mo's at the BY. Must be my Salt Lake City upbringing.

So anyway. This year I am giving up game shows. This seems kind of wimpy of me, because I am not nearly as addicted to game shows as I am to Days of Our Lives. But game shows take up more of my time. If I watch the Price is Right, both episodes of Family Feud, Jeopardy, and Wheel of Fortune, I'm out 3 hours! This sort of thing is ridiculous and must be nipped in the bud.

At any rate, I think I'll try to cut down on the DOOL as well, because a) it's dumb, b) it gives me unrealistic ideas and fears about Love, even as I realize that c) it's dumb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>