Lollygaggering

Friday, August 04, 2006

Homesick

It is time to come home. Who knew I'd feel this way? But it's like before I came to India, I couldn't envision it at all. Now I can't imagine that in a mere 5 days I will be home in my apartment in New York. Right now I am in Rishikesh on the banks of the Ganges and then I will be in Inwood near the banks of the Hudson. Huh?

I am an exhausted girl. I want to go home even though I love India, especially Bombay and my kids. I have to say a real goodbye to them on Monday and I don't know how to do it. We already had our big farewell, and it seems a little odd for me to pop in and say it all again. I can't stand leaving them here.

I did not have a romance in India. This is very good. I'm always having entirely stupid meaningless romances and if I'd made any real effort I probably could have had one here. But I made a decision not to. Aren't you proud of me?

My mind is very scattered right now. I had to wake up at 4:00 to catch a bus to Rishikesh and slept for only about 45 minutes of the 9+ hour journey.

When I went to Switzerland for the summer of 1999, I felt overwhelmed and frustrated with how little German I seemed to be learning. And then I came home and that fall my German improved by leaps and bounds. It was like stuff was seeping into my brain all summer but I couldn't process it until I was out of the stressful situation. This surely will happen again this time. I have wandered through India sort of in a daze, totally unable to take it all in. I am excited to see what I've learned.

Oh I am a bit melancholy. I don't know why. I feel a bit forgotten. I am sure I will go home and my cats won't remember me. There is really no one whose life my absence disrupts.

3 Comments:

At August 04, 2006 6:22 PM, Blogger lily said...

Lolly your absence has been very disruptive for me all summer. Girls night, fourth of July, Eroni in town, Lagoon... all disrupted.

Cum home

Liaz

Your not forgotten, just freakin far away.

 
At August 07, 2006 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Lollykins - what lily said. And what are you thinkin' takin' a trip right after? Huh? n. o.
criz

 
At August 17, 2006 6:32 PM, Blogger fMhLisa said...

I have so enjoyed reading about your adventures. Be safe on your journey home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>