Lollygaggering

Friday, March 03, 2006

Forms of Postage

I just got a card and gift in the mail from my oldest friend who lives out in California.

She and I lived next door to each other for years and years and years in Salt Lake City and one summer we hooked up a string pulley between my kitchen and her bedroom so we could send each other messages held to the string by clothespins.

I just wanted to pay tribute to the pulley string that stretches all the way from California to New York that brought me greetings from my old friend: that's right folks, the U.S. Postal Service.

2 Comments:

At March 07, 2006 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, yay!
This blog you have now!
I LOVE the pulley!
Can I make a link to you on my site?

Hwre!
em

 
At March 21, 2006 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura that is the sweetest post ever. Maybe it's because it makes me so nostalgic that I want to die. It reminds me of that picture Emily has (which I am borrowing for a while) in em's front yard in our crazy dresses. It makes me get so choked up. Love you Lolly!

Liaz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>