Lollygaggering

Monday, September 04, 2006

A Month?! And still homesick.

It has been a month since I wrote...many apologies.

Since last writing I have returned home from India and found myself to be quite homesick for it. I discovered upon returning to Bombay after my 10 days of traveling around India that it had been Bombay I'd been homesick for. Or at least Bombay counted as enough of a home that I was no longer homesick once I was there.

So now I'm back in the States wearing kurtas and bobbing my head (if you don't know what I mean, you've never been to India or had any Indian friends) and eating entirely too much Indian food for a person who ought to be sick of Indian food because she ate it nearly everyday for 2 + months. I feel a trifle ridiculous because afterall it was only 2 + months and I've lived outside of India for over 27 years.

At any rate. I don't have too much else to report except that I took a little excursion to West Virginia with my cousins and we saw a satellite dish completely painted over with the image of Jesus.

2 Comments:

At September 05, 2006 6:04 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Lolly,
I am glad that you are back and I am so sorry that we weren't able to hook up while you were in town here in SL. I know that Lily tried her bestest, but the stars weren't aligned in our favor. Maybe next time, definately next time. luvs, Sarah

 
At September 08, 2006 6:17 PM, Blogger lily said...

hey I'm glad you are back. Nothing else to report? Wut about our amazing walk in sugarhouse park and all the goose poo? Just kidding. It was so fun to have you here...I am glad for Mr. Burkett that you are home, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>