Lollygaggering

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Foolish Thoughts

One foolish thought I had when I was younger was "I think I would like to have 3 serious relationships before I get married." Okay, so it's not so foolish. It's a good idea to have experience, play the field a little, etc., I guess. The foolish part is that I did not recognize that if you have 3 serious relationships before The Relationship, you also have 3 serious breakups.

I remember my older sisters going through breakups when I was younger. Since I was so much younger, I wasn't any kind of confidante through these breakups. I was just a very detached observer. There always seemed to be lots of crying and despondence involved, but since that happened in the movies too it seemed like it wasn't quite real.

At any rate, if my younger thought is in any way prophetic, I have only 1 serious relationship and breakup to go. That's right. Me and the beau broke up.

I'm not going to go on and on about why and I'm not going to spout stuff like "breakups suck" blah blah blah.

But I will say that though I am exceedingly sad and wonder when I will ever find anyone so smart again, there is a twinge of...what? Joy? Joy in the thought that I am free again.

4 Comments:

At March 23, 2006 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no. i'm sorry to hear it.
did you instigate?
does he read this blog?

(now thinking, hmm, i may kind of hope the three relationships rule applies. it would certainly make my fate more apparent...)

 
At March 23, 2006 2:29 PM, Blogger lily said...

hey!

I am glad that you are glad about your freedom. With how great relationships can be, they don't tell you that there are major strings attached. That took me years to get used to.
Don't be sad...
Liaz

 
At March 26, 2006 8:54 PM, Blogger fMhLisa said...

sorry about the split, and now, so you can hate me, or pity me, I was a child bride (just barely 20) and I never had a break-up before I was married.

 
At March 28, 2006 9:30 AM, Blogger Lollygagger said...

Em,
No, he instigated, though I should have and basically it came down to being a mutual decision.

He doesn't read the blog...He knows it exists and he's seen it while over at my apt, but I've never given him the address and I doubt he'll seek it out.

I'm not so pleased with my freedom anymore. I'd much rather just be with him. What I am happy about, though, is that he is not feeling now the anxiety he was when we were together. Maybe someday he will figure it out.

FMH Lisa, I do not hate or pity you! Sometimes I envy you a little, but I think I know enough at this point to accept that neither you nor I has it easy, just differ'nt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>