Lollygaggering

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Fritos and Wafers

Tonight on the subway I smelled distinctly the smell of wafer cookies. You know those pink, beige, and brown cookies that are supposed to be strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate but that really taste very much the same (eat them blindfolded and you'll see what I mean)?

So anyway, this scent was there in the subway car. I look up at the guy across from me, and he's eating a bag of Fritos with gusto. I was jealous. And I realized the smell I'd been smelling was Fritos and not wafers.

2 Comments:

At September 28, 2006 10:34 PM, Blogger lily said...

I never knew until this summer that you had a thing for Frito's-- I have never seen you eat them-ever.

Talking about those wafers reminds me of the time at the stone house when we DID do a blindfold test with those cookies. I loved that trip. It was when Chrilly and Eroni came to visit and we danced in the living room.

 
At October 02, 2006 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wafers and dancing...sounds like any number of nights I can remember.

So, whassup with your sense of smell? Mistaking Frito's for wafer cookies? Lived in New York City too long,perhaps?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>