Lollygaggering

Thursday, March 23, 2006

For Reals?

So I just got off the subway.

All the way uptown there was this old man sitting next to me, just a little too close. Just like three inches too close. By the time you get to my neighborhood, there are usually few enough people on the train that you can spread out a little, but there are always some people who retain the positions they held from when the train was crowded. A serious annoyance in this city of very limited personal space. So this old man was a Retainer.

And then. AND THEN.

We're pulling into the last stop and he shifts over onto his left hip and let's one. Just right over towards me. Just 8 inches away from me. For reals? For reals.

3 Comments:

At March 23, 2006 2:34 PM, Blogger lily said...

That is so incredibly sick. Why didn't you get up and move? Was he homeless? Mentally ill? or just old? Man that is too funny.
(I have a story from last night... the little boy playing Colin in the show let one during our tender Come to my Garden duet-- I could NOT stop laughing during the rest of the song... but that was funny, your story is just awful)

 
At March 24, 2006 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember at the Roast one time when that old guy at the table next to us leaned over and let one REALLY LOUDLY right in our direction? Strangers letting ones is always the most embarrassingly unbearable.

 
At April 04, 2006 11:25 AM, Blogger lily said...

I had to leave another comment.. I guess that your subway fart story got around to all the people in Chrilly's play...When I talked to her after and she introduced me as her sister they all asked... are you the subway fart sister? They loved it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>