Lollygaggering

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Racy Nun

Today I was on the subway and a fully nun-garbed nun came and sat perpendicular to me (if you ride the A or D or F or V trains you know the configuration). I noticed she was reading a normal-looking book, not scripture or anything. But I saw the title and it was Sacred Time.

I didn't pry anymore at that point (which is rare...everyone in New York is secretly nosy, myself included, and is always reading over your shoulder, listening in, etc.). But I know a thought flitted across my brain. I'm not sure what it was because the thing that I later noticed I think is coloring my remembrance of this thought. You know how that happens? Where you think you were all prophetic but maybe you really weren't? At any rate a thought about what this nun could be reading and...possibly...that it could be funny came in and out of my brain.

And then as I was getting ready to leave the train, I finally looked at the nun's book and my eyes fell on a passage, two words (both occuring more than once, I believe) leaping out at me: "sperm" and "snipped."

Naughty nun!

4 Comments:

At April 27, 2006 12:08 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

That is hilarious! Whodda thunk it?

 
At April 28, 2006 10:52 PM, Blogger Harlem Snowflake said...

What. The.

I love love love it.

 
At April 29, 2006 11:14 PM, Blogger lily said...

My curiousity is very peaked at this point. What is with the title of the book? How does it relate? I must know!

 
At April 30, 2006 5:52 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Dude... I almost fell off me chair at the thought of a nun reading about "snipped / sperm...?"
How v. hysterical.
Only thing I wouldda done diff. is actually read the words "snipped" and "sperm" aloud! -Cause I am obnox. like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>