Lollygaggering

Friday, May 12, 2006

Daddy Done Did It

On the subway today, we had a very jazzy announcer. There have been some service changes lately on the A/C and B/D lines, which all four run the same route from 59th to 145th, with the A and D usually making express stops. Anyway, these days the C has been running express to 145th.

So I got on the uptown C train at 14th Street and the guy says over the speaker that if we want to go to 145th Street, we have to "GET ON THIS TRAIN! We'll discuss later what happens next." Or something to that effect.

So once we get going, he gives us the low-down: "This train is running express to 145th Street. If you want to make local stops, transfer at 59th Street to the Bad-Boy-Bobby-Brown B train or the Daddy-Done-Did-It D train! To make express stops, stay on Choo Choo Charley to 145th!"

He proffered this very memorable advice a few times on the way to 145th and even said he would take questions if we had any.

4 Comments:

At May 15, 2006 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What did Daddy done do?" could have been a question for him. Ah, how I miss the colorful characters of New York...except the ones who follow you home, or spit too much. But how can you not love,"Have a nice day, Peter Pan!"

 
At May 15, 2006 1:57 PM, Blogger lily said...

I think you should have asked him some kind of question, since he was taking them... I love it!
What is this have a nice day, peter pan? I must know.

 
At May 16, 2006 10:30 AM, Blogger Terri said...

That is FABULOUS!!!
I love him! You should've asked him where he gets his crazy talk.

 
At May 17, 2006 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "Peter Pan" thing was when I had my very short hair and I walked by a homeless guy who said, "Have a nice day, Peter Pan." And then I caught my reflection in a window and indeed I looked exactly like Peter Pan, or Anybodies from West Side Story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>