Lollygaggering

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Bobbing Along

So today I was walking with my dear friend C down by the river (spring has finally returned to Manhatta!)

Along came one of those big ships that are red and look like they are sailing in from 100 years ago. I love these ships and I was transfixed. C, however, was more taken by a smaller glinting object that was coming down the river between the ship and us. What could it be? I stepped over the knee-high railing (the purpose of this railing being what?) and got as close to the riverbank as I could without falling into the surely freezing and hepatitis-filled river. I still couldn't make out what the object was. C stepped over and with her more discerning eyes saw that it was sort of boxy, sort of like a bird house, sort of like...Oh! It was a television set!

A big television set just bobbing jauntily down the Hudson.

3 Comments:

At March 31, 2006 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this image. Just a teevee, of course! Just a TV set, bobbinalong...

 
At April 02, 2006 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

g

 
At April 04, 2006 11:23 AM, Blogger lily said...

I love that--I so wish I were there to see it. It totally cracks me up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>